The raised access flooring Outdoor system for terraces has been specially created to solve the aesthetic problem that exists with the slopes in terraces and to hide elements under the floor. By building a completely flat floor over the existing terrace floor, these slopes are conveniently hidden underneath. Height deviations are offset with height- adjustable plots and any accumulated water is drained through open joints on the newly paved surface and then channelled down the terrace’s waterproofed slopes to the drain.
The use of raised access floor outdoor is highly recommended in those areas where there are a large number of elements running under the floor, with the advantage of having an easy and immediate accessibility.
- Ability to hide away all types of ugly and dangerous cables, pipes etc under the floor.
- Improved installation efficiency in comparison to conventional floors (installation rate of about 40 m2/day).
- Option of rerouting services following installation of floor.
- Clean installation without the use of cement, avoiding the production of debris, dust, noise, etc.
- The system can be used to create a flat paved surface over sloping masonry floors with height deviations of up to 3%. Any height deviations over 2% will need to be corrected with mortar or with wedges.
- The creation of an air void under the newly paved surface generates a continuous flow of air through the pavement joints, which prevents the build-up of condensation and also produces an insulation layer.
- The under floor void, can also be used to house cables, pipes, etc.
- Easy to access this space under the floor (do not use P-404 to bond tiles and plots in areas where you need to access the services underneath and be able to have space to work on it).
- The plenum created by the floor elevation reduces the level of noise on the lower floor.
- The system is quick to install as the tiles and supports are installed at the same time.
- Advantages of PORCELANOSA Grupo pavement: Easy to clean, low dimensional tolerances, wide variety of finishes, hardness, etc.
The outdoor raised access floor is a type of over-raised pavement with special ceramic tiles that are arranged on plastic PVC plots of adjustable height, so that a hollow space is determined between the support and the floor tiles.
The elements that make up this system are as follow:
Panels for outdoor RAF
There are two types of Outdoor RAF panels:
Double piece: two porcelain tiles from PORCELANOSA Grupo are adhered together with hot melt moisture reactive adhesive.
20mm thick porcelain tile: produced by PORCELANOSA Grupo or Butech.
Outdoor RAF structure
Three types of pedestals are available:
Fixed Plot: a non-adjustable pedestal for the lowest heights. Available in 10, 15 and 20 mm
Normal, Ultra Plot: adjustable pedestals for heights higher than 25 mm. Recommended for plank formats Stem: Adjustable height rod that allows adapting height of the plot to the needs of the pavement over-raised.
Plot N: stronger pedestals for the most demanding situations
Base: with a large diameter that distributes the weight of the system on the substrate
Stem: adjustable height that allows adapting the height of the pedestals to the needs of the project
Head: where the Outdoor RAF panels are laid, with 4 spacers which determine a joint width of 4mm
Butech also supplies the materials needed for the installation of this system:
P-404: polyurethane adhesive to fix the structure to the substrate.
5mm Flexible wedges: to absorb imperfections of the slab or to compensate more pronounced slopes.
Polyurethane foam: to adjust the perimeter panels so that the system is perfectly tight
Levelling key for Plot N: to adjust the pedestal height once the panels have been placed, allowing the compensation of different levels. SAP: 100236951
The total height of the plot can be adjusted for different adjustable heights.
End profile for RAFx
Butech’s top profile is a solution to hide the aesthetic inconvenience that occurs when a step has to be made with the Raised Floor. This profile, in addition to hiding the edge of the ceramic piece, allows us to anchor a vertical piece to the plot to hide the body of the plots*
Made of aluminum, and with a length of 1200mm, it can be used in thickened tiles (SAP: 100280081) with a 20mm depth, and in double-piece tiles (SAP: 100290783) with a 23mm depth. For a correct clamping of the vertical piece from its lower part, several units of the Lower Clip (SAP: 100253748) will be necessary.
*Option valid only for Plot N
Vertical Enclosure Clip
Made of the highest stainless steel quality, and essential to finish a floor with no perimeter wall or enclosure.
These clips have two components: upper clip, fixed to the pedestal head, and lower clip, which goes on a previously cut pedestal base.
The perimeter panels are easily installed with these clips.
For a correct installation, the pedestal base has to be cut as shown in the images. Only compatible with Plot N.
Thic’ker 20 MM
The advances in manufacturing techniques and new landmark frontier technology brought the possibility of producing porcelain tiles in a much greater thickness as traditionally, enabling these tiles to be used for exterior structural paving applications. Our high performance 3/4” thick tiles offer an extraordinary load-bearing strength and hard-wearing resistance combined with an outstanding aesthetic appearance and anti-slip finish. They are ideal for any commercial or residential project and suitable for rooftops, terraces, patios, decks, balconies, etc.
Double Porcelain Tile
This exclusive and unique product is the ultimate solution for outdoor raised floor projects providing trendsetting cuttingedge designs of unparalleled beauty and refinement. These double pieces are available in same size, color and finish than most of our porcelain tiles which enables the possibility of creating unbroken visual continuity between outdoor and indoor spaces in any residential or commercial project. Given its extreme wear and weather resistance, it is the perfect alternative to wood and stone that will remain absolutely unchanged over time.
A 10,5mm or thic’ker anti-slip tile must be chosen.
- Optimal water drainage during rain or cleaning.
- Panels can be lifted anytime, granting permanent access to the subfloor.
- Elements such as pipes are completely hidden under the panels.
- Light system compared to the typical concrete pavers system.
- Great acoustic insulation.
- Good thermal insulation created by the air chamber between the raised access floor surface and the roof.
- No need for expansion joints.
- Good mechanical resistance.
- Flat and level finish. Slopes and drains are hidden.